1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. in a small bowl, combine the the seasonings ingredients and then rub the mixture evenly into surface of top round roast.
3. Place top round roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover roast.
4. Cook in in the oven for about 2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium-rare or 155°F for medium.
5. Remove top round roast from oven and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
6. Let stand 15 minutes prior to carving into slices.